Saturday, August 15, 2009

Track #28, Volume 1

'Still Asia dreaming, I guess. Over 2 months removed from my last jaunt to Asia, I find myself staring at this exquisite Thai painting; missing those exotic and peaceful getaway places, making it still pretty fresh and vivid in my mind. These things happen, I guess. Especially when you're sipping on a tall, cold glass of Singha beer paired with the most excellent plate of Ped Tod from Thep Phanom, the best crispy duck preparation IMHO, in the Bay Area.

Also, I got a message from a good friend today. Catching up is never complete, unless its shared over some good beer, great food and even more, excellent company. I'm shooting out this video to start off her weekend (and ours) with a classic from the Thin White Duke----Sir David Robert Hayward-Jones, aka Ziggy Stardust. Here's David Bowie with---



I can still hear Casey Kasem's voice, closing out his set with this song and saying: "Well, there you have it DGall, an on-air dedication from your hometown, SF, remembering those late '80s nights of carefree fun & frolic. Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars..."

Cheers, Dinds! Enjoy, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment